Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 365 1/2 - Thank You

thank you note for every language by woodleywonderworks, on Flickr
Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic Licenseby  woodleywonderworks 
When I set out to write at least 500 words every day for a year, I knew that declaring that goal aloud would improve the likelihood that I would stick with it. So I chose to use this blog to post what I wrote as a way to demonstrate that I meant it.

Along the way, so many of you have helped by providing comments and "Likes" on Facebook so that I could see your reactions. That feedback was invaluable motivation. So I'd like to send my thanks to you all.
  • To Benjamin W for asking me questions about Iran that led to a couple of more thoughtful pieces in this series;
  • To Dick K for mentioning that you enjoyed reading about my life in the 70's;
  • To Tony K for telling me you looked forward to reading what I wrote every evening;
  • To Kathy M for telling me even before I got started that I should write;
  • To Sharon S for telling me about NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month - and for encouraging me to put my posts together into a book;
  • To Kevin L for responding to my card that resulted in my writing the precursor for some of these to restart our friendship;
  • To Susan B, Kay N, and both Kathy M and Sharon S again for your thoughtful suggestions regarding the piece that was eventually included in The Guilded Pen, the San Diego Writers and Editors Guild anthology;
  • To Linda M for telling me again and again I should put these together to publish them;
  • To Vicki S, Kathy W, Laurel S, Susan M, Lois G, DeAnn S, Anna W, Mark H, Kathy G, Wayne W, Joan K, Bonnie S, Erin H, Ron D, Bruce W, Sofia D, Jim M, Carolyn I, Marina B, Barbara F, Gloria G, Carolyn L, Julie K, Stephanie S, Benjamin D, Steve F, Jack B, John M, Jodi Y, Marcia C,  Lori W, Melissa J, Susan H, Lynne H, Sandra O, Penny J, Roland O, and Michael W for adding at least one comment along the way to let me know you were reading them; and
  • To everyone else who clicked Like for one or more pieces as further encouragement.
I will be looking through the posts for potential pieces to submit for next year's San Diego Writers and Editors Guild anthology and will post again for your incredibly helpful and generous comments.

Thank you all.

1 comment:

  1. Sandra
    What an accomplishment. You are very talented and I still look forward to reading a novel someday.

    ReplyDelete