Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 120 - If You Want Something Done, Ask A Busy Person

 Some rights reserved (to share, to remix) by natalia love http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/
Image by natalia love, via Flickr
It is the end of April; I have made it one-third of the way through this project, an opportunity for more stock taking and reflection.

At the end of the first month, I concluded that writing first person memories was easier than trying to write fictional pieces. That is still true. I also concluded that I needed to read something each day in order to spark my thoughts. And that is still true, but I find that completing a project each day seems to take up just the amount of time I have, rather than less time each day, leaving little time for reading. And my last conclusion at the end of the first month was that it was getting easier to write each day. That is harder for me to affirm. Perhaps I have hit a plateau. It isn't harder for me to write, but it doesn't yet feel easier.

Whether at work or in my personal life, I seem always to be trying to get one more thing done than I have time to do, trying to prove Ben Franklin got it right when he uttered the words in the title. Some days I think taking on this project is the one more thing. But I'm going to try to keep going. I may just have to try scaling back on the length of what I write each day.

Starting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment