Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 10 1/2 - Titles and Creative Commons Licenses

After 10 days of posting pieces, I realize that it is redundant to include a title at the top when I have a title at the top of each post. So beginning with Day 11, I will drop the titles within the posts.

I also realized that I haven't explained that another of my goals is to find images that I can post on the site without violating any copyrights. Flickr is a great source of images that are covered by Creative Commons licenses. There are six options for licensing under the Creative Commons concept; all permit the use of an unaltered image, provided it is attributed to the source.  The captions under images, if they are not my own, include the Flickr name for the source of each, the attribution. I have added a Creative Commons license to this blog as well. You should be able to see it in the right column of the blog now.

I wasn't so careful in selecting images for some of my warming up pieces. Google search for images brings up such a wonderful range of images that I let myself get carried away. I didn't intentionally violate any copyrights or royalties, but I didn't spend much time doing research either. I plan to go back to correct that in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment